Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

appletv(HDTV) as external display for editing video via Airplay possible?

My MBP with i7 plays bac the Gopro movies better than my IntelCoreduo in my audio recording/production studio. I want to use my laptop to edit my Gopro movies but export asome editing and playback to my HDTV while editing. I'm a pro musician not a pro videographer so I dont understand what I've read in the past few days on the internet about resolutions and streams.

I use Quicktime, Cineform Studio and Premiere Pro to edit. I'm still learning all of them. I think Premeire Pro allows the user to fling one of its panels to external display. I want to do this so I can sit across the room from my TV yet use it to view/edit. Will the Apple TV3 plus Mountain Lion give me the ability to stream the A/V of my mac to the HDTV? I shoot in 1080 60fps mostly. Can this work to view wireless on the HDTV? My thinking is that I can view 2.7k on my 1440 MBP screen so if the Airplay will recieve the MBP(2012,2.3ghz,16gbram,i7) signal it should show anything the MBP can display. But, maybe there is something I dont understand about video compression, streaming and etc, etc,etc.

Can you help me understand why this will or wont work? Thanks.

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 10:52 AM

1 reply

appletv(HDTV) as external display for editing video via Airplay possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.