Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CoreData

Can different copies of the same application access eachother's CoreData Persistent stores through their CoreData models even though they are installed on different computers, or do they have to be on a network that is sharing one CoreData Model in order to store and access eachother's managed objects?

iMac

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 11:26 AM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2013 12:10 PM in response to mark133

Apparently there's a sense of taboo about this question? It's seems it's not addressed anywhere, and I can't get any answers to this and similar questions.

I'm going to have to conclude that the connection for data store and access is on a per-core basis, so that each single model connects with one application plus one system and 'locks' in place as soon as it is used. I don't see why that should be taboo. Maybe people see it as some kind of control problem? I see it as a means of controlling the integrity of the data.

If my conclusion is wrong on this, please let me know.

Mar 20, 2013 12:50 PM in response to mark133

OK, I see that you can access the same stores from mulitple applications, but it isn't discussed in the manuals because it isn't proper to have mulitple applications trying to store and access from the same cache. So that pretty much means:

1) That the various applications for using the same data cache on an individual system need to be bundled together and built around the same model.

2) That the internet/server solution is then the means for sharing data efficiently between many users from cache to cache.

3) But an xml type file sharing capability in the application bundle is also required to enable sharing via e-mail, memory stick, etc.

CoreData

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.