Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see iCloud as a "directory" to save my files

Hi all!

Despite the fact that "Documents & Data" are enabled on my iCloud preferences on my Mac, I can't see iCloud as a "directory" to save my iWork files.

Forums that I've been all show users being able to see it after enabling "Docs & Data", but I can't.

Any clues?

Thanks!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 11:26 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You can only save documents to iCloud from iWork if you are using OS X Mountain Lion, so you won't be able to choose iCloud as a directory unless you upgrade to Mountain Lion.

If you don't want to upgrade to Mountain Lion, there's another way to put documents on iCloud. Open http://www.icloud.com, log in with your Apple ID, choose "iWork" and drag your Pages documents onto the browser window, so they will be uploaded to iCloud. Then, if you want to upload Numbers or Keynote documents, just select them at the top of the page, and drag documents to your browser window

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2013 11:26 AM in response to lelotortelli

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities

You can only save documents to iCloud from iWork if you are using OS X Mountain Lion, so you won't be able to choose iCloud as a directory unless you upgrade to Mountain Lion.

If you don't want to upgrade to Mountain Lion, there's another way to put documents on iCloud. Open http://www.icloud.com, log in with your Apple ID, choose "iWork" and drag your Pages documents onto the browser window, so they will be uploaded to iCloud. Then, if you want to upload Numbers or Keynote documents, just select them at the top of the page, and drag documents to your browser window

Mar 20, 2013 11:34 AM in response to lelotortelli

I think you have posted a wrong Mac OS X version. Go to  > About this Mac, and tell me what OS X version you have. These are the Mac OS X versions and their names:

- 10.0.x > Mac OS X Cheetah

- 10.1.x > Mac OS X Puma

- 10.2.x > Mac OS X Jaguar

- 10.3.x > Mac OS X Panther

- 10.4.x > Mac OS X Tiger

- 10.5.x > Mac OS X Leopard

- 10.6.x > Mac OS X Snow Leopard

- 10.7.x > OS X Lion

- 10.8.x > OS X Mountain Lion

OS X Lion and Mountain Lion are different Mac OS X versions

Can't see iCloud as a "directory" to save my files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.