Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade too steep for 3.0 users

I have already paid $99 once to go from 2.0 to 3.0. Now I need to pay another $99 to go to 3.5??!! And 2.0 users pay the same price? I think that is a little steep. 3.0 users should be able to upgrade for a much cheeper price.

MacB ook Pro and iBook, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on May 21, 2006 4:15 PM

4 replies

May 22, 2006 6:01 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

I would actually agree with Jon.

Just spent the $99 bucks upgrading from FCE2 to FCE3 just 6 weeks ago (and to honest - that was a waste of time, with exception of LiveType as FCE3 is identical to FCE2 in every other respect), and now another $99 bucks are required.

But all I would need to know is that the UNABLE TO OPEN PROJECT (PAL DV + Layered .PSD files together in a Project) massive operational bug that has plagued versions 2 and 3 has been fixed --- and I'll upgrade tomorrow! (even if they had me by the b*lls)

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301274

It is absolutely scandalous that Apple has continued to market this product with such a massive defect in its product if the bug hasn't been squashed. Having Photoshop files in a project is one of the software's biggest unique-selling-points, but it simply doesn't work, period.

May 22, 2006 6:25 AM in response to DVA`Airwolf

Yep... I also have to agree that this time round there is very little incentive for me to pay for yet another upgrade.

Existing FCE HD (FCE 3.0) users should at least be offered a cheaper price to "keep up to date" (or, indeed a free "update", since the added functionality that has been introduced is fairly minor for users already owning FCE HD).

For people going from 2.0, I agree that $99 is a fair price for the update. I myself went down that path last year. But this time round, what are those of us who already upgraded last year going to get for another $99?

Nothing much!

When you think about it, the last paid upgrade I did (from 2.0 to "HD" last year) added the additional functionality of Soundtrack and Livetype at a decent price - i.e. $99, but this time round, FCE HD users are expected to pay again for things like "HD" templates for Livetype etc. which were missing in the first place when they released FCE HD last year. These should be offered to existing 3.0 users for free....since they are simply compatability fixes User uploaded file

Upgrade too steep for 3.0 users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.