Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are my location pins disappearing and reappearing?

When I click on a view to my photos I get thisUser uploaded file

Notice that there are no pins in the film strip, while the location is obviously in the selected file as the map on the left in the info box shows, and the text on the large map shows.

Then I double click the picture in question.

User uploaded file

And double click again

User uploaded filethis time the pins are correctly displayed showing that they do have location information.

Aperture 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), with aperture 3 upgrade disk

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 2:51 PM

1 reply

Mar 20, 2013 3:26 PM in response to ruggersf

Interesting never noticed that before.

The pins on the images in the film strip are toggled on and off by the menu item Show Place badges, under the gear,

User uploaded file

Why that is toggled on when you select an image, view it and drop back to film strip mode is unknown. Doesn't seem to be a use for it. If the badges are a problem you can toggle them off by going to this menu. If you need them on before going to view mode you can toggle them on here.

You could report this to Apple Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback as a bug.

regards

Why are my location pins disappearing and reappearing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.