Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8.2 - xsanctl unmount Y U NO WORK??

I've been using XSAN and StorNext since it was CentraVision.

We're in the process of qualifying 10.8.2 in our studio.

After running the 10.8.2 upgrade and uninstalling/reinstalling the atto 42ES drivers our SAN volume automounts beautifully just as it should, but is there a reason sudo xsanctl unmount <volumeName> no longer works? I found one other thread here on the forums that was archived/locked but unanswered... real helpful 🙂. Yes our DNS is working properly.

I tried the trusty umount command which works... but after a few brief moments automount.plist automounts the volume right back.

Yes I'm sudoing xsanctl. tried literally as superuser in the terminal, no dice. I'm logged into the mac as the admin, full admin privilages.

Cheers, many thanks.

XSAN-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 2:57 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2013 8:18 AM in response to studiogMTV

What are you running the MDCs on? If Apple gear, did you enable Spotlight on the volume? If so, the mdutil processes hold on to the volume with a death grip, preventing eject of the volume. You can try to use launchctl to unload the mds processes but this works about 40% of the time. Otherwise, you need to reboot the machine and then eject the volume within the first ~3 minutes.

If you are on StorNext MDCs, then I am stumped as I have not seen this behavior.

10.8.2 - xsanctl unmount Y U NO WORK??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.