Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Crashes Since iPhone Upgrade to 6.1.3

I upgraded my iPhone 4S to the IOS 6.1.3 today and now my email crashes EVERY TIME I launch the email app !! NEED HELP !! Has anyone run into this problem ?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 2:36 PM

20 replies

Mar 21, 2013 6:25 AM in response to cdubsoulrebel

First try quitting the Mail app like I describe then reset your phone.

Go to the Home screen and double click the Home button. That will reveal the row of recently used apps at the bottom of the screen. Tap and hold on the app in question until it wiggles and displays a minus sign. Tap the minus sign to actually quit the app. Then tap anywhere on the screen above that bottom row to return the screen to normal. Then reset your device. Press and hold the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously ignoring the red slider should one appear until the Apple logo appears. Let go of the buttons and let the device restart. See if that fixes your problem.

Mar 21, 2013 7:23 AM in response to mokade

mokade wrote:

No go with this method for me.

I would delete the mail apps if I could access them.

Crash and burn baby!

No word from Apple on this yet?

No you can't delete the email app. But you can remove the account and add it back in. This has worked for most users with an issue. And for many, simply waiting a while has taken care of it. If you are using Yahoo, all bets are off. It seems to have a perpetual issue with iOS.

Mar 26, 2013 7:28 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi,

having just upgraded my iPhone 4 to 6.1.3 two days ago and after reading James Ward's comments on BT Yahoo Mail (all bets are off), I thought I was truly doomed.

I tried umpteen manual configuration changes and also deleted the Yahoo mail Account I had on my phone.

BTW, I have a "name@btopenworld.com" email address.

I was also able to login with same username/password as above to the BT Yahoo mail on the Web just fine and see all my emails, so it was just through the Mail App on my iPhone I had the problem (and only after the upgrade to 6.1.3)

At various points I had the following error messages:

Error message 1

============

The IMAP Server apple.imap.mail.yahoo.com is not responding.

Check network connection.

Check "Incoming Mail Server" field.

Error message 2

============

The Operation couldn't be completed.

(MFMessageErrorDomain error 1032)

Error message 3

=============

Server unavailable

Please try again later.

So after 2 calls from Apple (yes they called me, no cost), I have it working;

Here are the settings I did:

POP account Information

name, email as above

Incoming Mail Server

host name: mail.btinternet.com

username: email as above

password: password

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP: mail.btinternet.com

(selecting the Outgoing Mail Server above...)

Primary Server: mail.btinternet.com (ON)

(selecting the Primary mail Server above...)

Server (ON)

Hostname: mail.btinternet.com

Username: email as above

password: password

Use SSL (OFF)

Authentication: password (ticked)

Server Port: 25

Go back to main Account screen

Select your Btopenworld account just created

scroll down and select Advanced

Use SSL (OFF)

Authentication: password (ticked)

Server Port 110

S/MIME: OFF

After I did that and I opened up my mail app, it synced and downloaded all my emails!! :-)

Nothing lost.

Thanks to Apple for their help.

Cheers

Mar 27, 2013 3:26 AM in response to TBrown82

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue.

If it's with BT Yahoo Mail, then my solution seemed to work, but I had to persevere.

The steps above I thought were quite clear actually :-)

Basically I deleted the BT Yahoo Mail account I had on my phone.

Then, when you go into add the new mail account, do NOT use the big Yahoo symbol from the list (there iCloud, Microsoft Exhange, Gmail, Yahoo, Aol, Hotmail AND OTHER).

Against my better judgement (and after failing to add an account through the Yahoo option), I chose "Other", the "add mail account". Enter your name, email, password and I put down "Btopenworld" for Description.

After that, follow the above steps from "POP account Information".

Hope that is clearer.

Thanks

Stuart

Apr 1, 2013 7:39 PM in response to cdubsoulrebel

Same problem with email except this is on a 5. The update was done recently, not today, but problems started this morning. Can't access email accounts from mail icon. Cannot access email accounts through settings so can't delete accounts. Each time I try to access either, it tries to open then goes back to the main screen. Also noticed a glitch in a game app at same time but may not be related. And the folder with the email apps in it will not move to another screen. You can always downnload the email app from the app store.

I've done the following w/o ANY LUCK:

1. Restore to factory settings

2. Synced, wiped and restored

Apr 8, 2013 8:24 AM in response to cdubsoulrebel

Hi,

Just had this same problem.

Iphone 4S - OS 6.1.2 ( April 9th 2013 )

Mail was showing a blank page for roughly 10 seconds then quitting; battery consumption was enormous,

sub menus in "settings" were taking ages to open.

I finally managed to delete my Pop account as well as the Gmail account. Before I could delete the iCloud as had been suggested in some posts, everything has returned to normal.

Hope this works for you.

Apr 21, 2013 10:20 AM in response to cdubsoulrebel

Just got off the plane in Charlotte and email started crashing. I have two accounts; Exchange and Gmail. If I delete my Gmail account, it works. Once I add my Gmail account back, email app crashes. No changes since I don't know when...very unsettling. iOS 6.1.3; not recently upgraded, so don't understand why email app is crashing.

Email Crashes Since iPhone Upgrade to 6.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.