Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java won't run in safari?

I am trying to play euchre online and it says java is not installed after performing a check. I re-installed java twice, restarted my computer and browser and will still not run. Running latest version of safari and osx. I have made sure java is enabled in preferences and safari preferences.

Game site i am trying to access:

http://www.pogo.com/games/euchre#pregame

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 3:18 PM

24 replies

Mar 22, 2013 10:23 AM in response to haydenholligan

Hi,

I'm having the same problrm as "haydenholligan", Java 7 update 17 does not run or is not recognize by Safari 6.0.3 under OX 10.7.5. It does not matter what the steps you do like re-install or clean re-installed, it does not loads and all the checks within the "preferences" are fine.. ANY HELP,,, The site is pogo.com,,, I'm 81 years old and I need some genius to help me,,, anyone there,,,bye

Mar 22, 2013 3:46 PM in response to Vinicius Batista

Add me to the Pogo bandwagon. I just ran the latest system update today and when I restarted none of the sites I visited on Safari were able to see Java. I too did the multiple downloads, cleared cookies, cache, Java cache...you name it. I couldn't even use the java detect version site...it couldn't find anything.

I'm guessing this is a known issue by now for Safari Version 6.0.3. What I want to know is what can be done to make Java and Safari talk again...recommend a good therapist because I'm going into game withdrawal!;)

Mar 22, 2013 8:05 PM in response to haydenholligan

I too did the same as Moliver4u. I did a clean install of Jave version 7. 17 and pogo games will not recognize Java.

I bought this 27" imac about a month ago and gave my daughter my old imac with snow leopard. I wish I had that machine back. I'm not liking Mountain Lion. Does anyone else have the problem with a nonresponsive keyboard in Pogo, especially after opening another window or profile?

Mar 25, 2013 9:04 AM in response to haydenholligan

And now, it suddenly is back to work. Just checked at java.com test page and it's working. My bank's website is working as well.

After some digging, I found that apple has used its "XProtect" feature to remotely disable java on all macs. Aparrently, they reverted their decision during last weekend.

Follow some useful information about XProtect and a way to disable that:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4762386?start=0&tstart=0

Regards,

Vinicius

Java won't run in safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.