Skip navigation

iPod 5 Replacement if water damaged?

309 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2013 6:49 PM by stevejobsfan0123 RSS
Chewey22 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 20, 2013 6:43 PM

So heres the story:
My carelessness led me to leave my iPod 5th gen in my pocket and I went to go wash my pants. My pants were in there for 10 seconds before I realized that my iPod was in there. I quickly grabbed it and tried to see if it worked. Sadly, the speaker wasnt making noise and the touchpad wasn't working either. So I turned it off by reseting it and putting it in a bag of rice. 2 days later, I take it out and it wont turn on. Its not charging and it wont make noise.

Basically, its busted. I know that Apple doesnt cover water damage but... Is it possible to get it replaced? If so, how much money will it cost me? Or do I just have to buy a completely brand new iPod (I really hope I don't). Please help!!

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.1

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.