Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to generate a still shot from from a video. I would like to accomplish this task using a single application. If this is not possible with my MacBook Pro as purchased from Apple, please recommend which applications I can purchase.

I need to generate a still shot from from a video I made with my camera. I would like to accomplish this task using a single application. If this is not possible with my MacBook Pro as purchased from Apple, please recommend which applications I can purchase that include this feature. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), New Mac User

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 6:17 PM

6 replies

Mar 20, 2013 6:53 PM in response to kwest003

For FREE do the following:

When you get to othe part of the video you want a still shot from, put the video on pause.

Take a screen shot: Apple>Shift>4 - which will produce a cross hair so you can manually select which part of the video you want.

Check inside either your Applications or Utility folder for an app called Grab. Will do the above with just a single click.

If you still want to purchase software, suggest that you do a Google & MacUpdate search. This way, you can find exactly what you want.

User uploaded file

Mar 21, 2013 12:21 PM in response to kwest003

Ironically, today there's an app available from the AppStore to do this for both iPhone and iPad that's gone free for a limited time. Give it a try, below is the link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/video-2-photo-extract-still/id487353844?mt=8

If you don't have an iOS device or you're not interested in something like that (which I get because I know what your specific need was from your OP), there are a couple of other Mac specific apps in the AppStore called SnapMotion 2 and Movie2Picture. Both will do what you want to do as an app, but those are not free like the app above and like the other options of image capture native to OSX.

I need to generate a still shot from from a video. I would like to accomplish this task using a single application. If this is not possible with my MacBook Pro as purchased from Apple, please recommend which applications I can purchase.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.