In rare instances, your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch may be unable to enable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth in Settings. When this occurs, you will see the following symptoms:
- Unable to turn Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on or off because the setting is grayed out or dim.
- Missing Wi-Fi or Bluetooth MAC Address missing or displaying all zeros in Settings > General > About.
If you encounter this issue, try the following steps and attempt to enable Wi-Fi or Bluetooth after each one.
- Verify that Airplane Mode is off.
- Restart your iOS device
- Update your iOS device
- Reset Network Settings, by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Restore your iOS device in iTunes.
If you are still unable to turn Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on or off after attempting these steps, contact Apple or your wireless carrier for additional assistance.