Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"file is not compatible when import assets in dvd studio pro, my file are .mov and .mp4, what is the problem?

i have a MacBook Pro v. 10.7.5, also have dvd studio pro 4.2.2

I have a file exported from final cut v. 7, using quick time movie option, it created a file with .mov. When I import to dvd studio pro, I have an error

message " file is not compatible". shall I export again using different parm? settings? thanks for the help in advance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), wish to connect to HP printer

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 9:03 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2013 8:44 PM in response to Russ H

Thanks, Russ. I had my problem resolved by re-creating file from Final Cut using the "Video Format" as "MPEG-4 improved" instead of "H.264" before.

My orginial source is a dvd came from Taiwan, I used software 'Handbrake' to convert it to MPEG-4. Input to Final Cut to edit it. Exported out with H.264 as Video Format, wishing to improve the image quality but run into 'file impaitable' when import to DVD SP.

Now. I exported out Final Cut using the following parms, pictures quality is not bad.

1. File format = MP4

2. Image size= 1280x720 HD

3. frame rate = 30

4. video format = MPEG-4 Improved

hope this help people who might run into same problem. I never use the Compressor, will try it next time. thanks Russ.

"file is not compatible when import assets in dvd studio pro, my file are .mov and .mp4, what is the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.