Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost iphoto, imovie & garageband after restore

I restored my macbook and lost iphoto, imovie & garageband. I have a late 2011 Macbook pro which came with no ilife disc so i can't use that

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 10:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 10:24 PM

You will need to go back to the app store and re-download them.

14 replies

Mar 20, 2013 10:52 PM in response to Mohammad.Waseem

Restoring iLife applications after Internet Restore of OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion

If you erase install OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion on a new Mac that shipped with OS X Lion or OS X Mountain Lion installed, you can download iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand from the Mac App Store.

1. After installation, start (up) from OS X.
  2. Double-click the App Store icon in the dock.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. Click Purchases.
  5. If you haven't previously accepted your bundled iLife applications within the Mac App Store, you should see your iLife applications appear in the Accept portion of the screen. Click Accept.
  6. You may be asked for your Apple ID and password once again. Your iLife applications now move to the Purchased section. These applications are part of the software that came with your Lion based computer. Your account will not be charged for them. Click Install to complete installation of your applications.

Mar 20, 2013 10:57 PM in response to Eric Ross

i see. I remember accepting the bundle, but i dont see the iLife apps in the purchases tab! i see other apps but not the iLife ones. I guess this means i'm dealing with another problem: 'purchases apps not showing in app store'. what do you think?

btw: thanks alot for helping me, this is the first time i log into this forum and it is awsome 🙂

Jul 12, 2015 11:17 PM in response to Eric Ross

What is the email address to contact them? I'm having the same problem with my MacBook Air 2011 after having to reinstall OS X due to the SSD drive crashing out - went to work on music tonight and had an unpleasant surprise. Can't find a contact email option, just a 'schedule a call' or 'call for support' - and as a former Apple Care adviser and someone who's busy I want to do anything _BUT_ spend time on the line with them.

lost iphoto, imovie & garageband after restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.