Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email large video from iPad

Good evening.

I took a 7GB video on my iPad, but my MacBook (OS 6.8) won't import it.

So I am trying to email it to myself, but it is not intuitive to me how to size the clips so that I might recreate the entire video.

Any advice?

Thank you.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 20, 2013 10:17 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2013 4:26 AM in response to letpeaceprevail

I don't think anyone will ever be able to e-mail 7 gig. most e-mail systems max out at 25 megs or less.

You might want to look into a service like dropbox. Upload your video to there, then download it onto your computer.

Before you try something like that though I'd have my iPad plugged in, because uploading 7 gig will likely take a couple of hours.

Mar 21, 2013 8:49 AM in response to Skydiver119

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I tried Dropbox, but the transfer failed a dozen times. (it was plugged in.)

I tried Image Capture, but it wouldn't import the video either.

And iPhoto doesn't work either.

I tried to connect with Bluetooth, but it wouldn't do that either.

I resorted to considering email, but the "Share" email automatically clips into about 1 minute clips; that's alot of work for a 50 min video. I can't figure out how to take longer clips, and the iPad user guide online says nothing about how to do this.

Doesn't anyone else out there take video on their iPad and then want to transfer it to their Mac? (Maybe not,I only did a long video because I forgot my video camera.)

Thanks.

email large video from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.