Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

6.1.3 no service

Updated my iPhone 5 to 6.1.3 this morning & now phone signal keeps dropping. Sometimes low signal often just No Service. Is anyone else getting the same problem & does anyone have a solution. Phone's not much good if I can't use it to make calls

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 3:16 AM

6 replies

Mar 21, 2013 3:27 AM in response to Cebranjo

Sync your phone with iTunes to create a current backup. When finished, hit the "Restore" button on the Summary Pane to restore the phone as a new device. Eject when finished. Do things work now? If so, connect your phone & restore from the backup you created when you started. Follow this by syncing your content back to your phone.

Before you begin, make sure Auto-Sync is disabled: iTunes>Preferences>Devices...you want to control what happens.

Apr 2, 2013 1:22 AM in response to Cebranjo

There seems to be a WW issue with "no service". My local carrier also registered issues. I found a pattern in the combination of a weak signal and the phone being idle during night. Selecting carrier manual or othere "switches" on off didn't help. With my carriers customer service representative on the phone i powered on/ off and it worked. They are now tracing my phone to see any communication flaws / protocol issues for the next period of time. I personally believe it is a firmware issue ( it's been around since iOS 6, and the initial work on solving battery issues. My next test will be CAN YOU DIAL 911 during a no service - ( mechanisms should ensure that ) if not Apple has a serious issue

Look forward to 6.1.3a solving this issue :-)

6.1.3 no service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.