Ok so I was on my iPad 2 Wi-Fi only no celluar, about 4-6 months old. It came with iOS 5 on it, and connected to the internet properly.
I updated to iOS 6 and the connection ran smoothly, but about a week or 2 after the upgrade to iOS 6, the Wi-Fi just stopped working.
Not only that, but SharePod wrecked my iPad's music and when I synced with iTunes it restored the iPad. This was alright because I know all my downloaded apps history is saved in iCloud, so there was no prob with that , but I did NOT know it would erase everything . It also said it would auto-update to the LATEST version of iOS 6. I tried to connect to the internet (to download all my apps again, and to get back to using it because I prefer internet on my iPad then my laptop) but it kept on giving me the message: Unable to join network "network SSID removed for privacy reasons". Typical, just what I thought.
Please DO NOT TELL ME TO RESET THE ROUTER, RESTART THE iPAD, UPDATE FIRMWARE, TAKE IT TO A GENIUS, BLAH BLAH BLAH!! ALL OF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN TRIED (EXCEPT FOR THE GENIUS PART BECAUSE THERE IS NO APPLE STORE WHERE I LIVE)
Please help me! I am really confused, and I am really REALLY big trouble, so please help! PLEASE, I AM BEGGING YOU! My sister doesn't even TOUCH the iPad anymore, that's how bad it is.
- I do not know how to downgrade back to iOS 5
- I am not, repeat not, jailbreaking the iPad. Uh-uh. No way. Mac dialog box shaking as if you entered the wrong password.
- It is iPad 2 Wi-Fi Model, no 3G etc.
- I am comfortable with downloading all of the apps again (I have too, duh!)
- It would be appreciated if someone can help me.