Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2008 Macbook 10.5.8 update to 10.6

Hi,

I purchased this macbook in 2008 in NYC and now run it in Australia. I have just tried to install Adobe Suite CS6 but it has told me that the minimum required installation is 10.6.0

Can I? If so, how can I go about upgrading the operating system? I have no issues with the laptop so I don't want to have to upgrade due to this.

I have read a few threads but I do not understand all the mountain lion and leopard talk.

Thanks in Advance.

Mono

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Update to 10.6.0

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 4:56 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2013 5:20 AM in response to Monosaurus

Upgrading to OS X 10.6 is straight forward. You'll need 1GB of memory and some disk space for the upgrade. You need to buy on OS X 10.6 DVD to perform the upgrade, it's not available by download. You can call the online Apple store in Australia at 133-622 and should be able to order it from them (same as in the US). After you install it, run Software Update several times, and you'll end up at OS X 10.6.8. Of course make a backup of the system before the update.

Beyond the minimum memory to run OS X 10.6, you probably already know that Adobe recommends 4GB to 16GB of memory for the CS6 products for best performance.

2008 Macbook 10.5.8 update to 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.