Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Questions: AirPlay and PowerPC Remote Desktop

#1. Why did Apple choose to no longer support PowerPC with the new OS Mountain Lion? Totally Disappointed!!!! My place of employment uses and will continue to use PC's. I on the other hand use apple products (macs/ipads/ipods/appleTv) at home, and used the powerpc app to login remotely to my work desktop from my home mac to do work when not at the office. Now this is no longer an option for me and this has put me into a very big pickle jar! Do you plan to support this feature with an app that will do what the PowerPC Remote Desktop app did (mac to pc remotely)?

#2. Will there be an AirPlay app to support mac systems made prior to 2011...AirParrot is made by a third party and I don't think I should have to look elsewhere (somewhere else for support of an apple product) to meet the needs of my many apple products.....please support your long time users and don't leave us in the dust - this is just a bummer!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), iPad Retina Display - ipods etc.

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 6:53 AM

1 reply

Mar 21, 2013 6:59 AM in response to Joanne_W

For starters no one from Apple engineering is here on this forum.

This is a user to user forum so we can help with technical questions but not why Apple does what they do.

On the question of PowerPC code, the contract for Rosetta was lost so they were forced to drop PPC support with Lion.

My suggestion is if AirParrot works for you use it. That is the reason there are third party vendors supporting Apple, Aple can't do all things.

Allan

Two Questions: AirPlay and PowerPC Remote Desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.