Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

11.0.2 does not increment play count

I have smart playlists that are based on play count. Sometimes as iTunes plays the count increments and sometimes it doesn't. When it does, it replaces the tune it was just playing insteads of adding a new tune to the bottom of the list. When it doesn't iTunes moves down the list. Eventually it gets to the bottom and stops. If the count criteria is < 1, it should increment the count, remove the tune from the list and add another at the bottom but it doesn't.

I have cross-fade turned off. I understand this used to be a problem that was fixed. However, I left it off anyhow.

What else do I need to check/correct/do?

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Drobo S for music storage

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 6:30 AM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2013 8:56 AM in response to IHaveOne

I made some screen shots to demonstrate. First is the initial list when I started to play it followed by the list when the last track had completed. This demonstates how some tracks get their count incremented and are replaced while others do not.

BTW, it does appear that the list is updated in place rather than at the end. I was looking for a list that would never stop playing but I guess that is impossible. No matter, I can make it long enough to work but I can't figure out why sometimes the count gets incremented and sometimes it doesn't

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

11.0.2 does not increment play count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.