Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Sign In to iTunes

This issue started for me yesterday on my Macbook Pro. The symptoms are as follows: I am unable to "Sign In" to iTunes. I simply get the constant "Accessing iTunes Store ..." displaying at the top of iTunes. [The Apple ID and password is correct - that's not the issue - it works fine on my iPhone]

Also - if I try to update apps and click the "check for updates" button at the bottom of the iTunes window - I get the same behaviour.

After a few minutes, it 'may' pop an error message that says. "We could not complete your iTunes Store request. The network connection was lost. There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later."

I have followed all the support suggestions including checking the firewall, restarting the computer, checking my keychain, etc. All to no avail.

My wife's computer (on the same network) has no problems accessing iTunes, so I'm sure the problem is specific to my setup. She has the same computer and the same setting - BUT she has not updated to 10.8.3 yet. [I can't say for sure, but I did not notice the issue prioer to the 10.8.3 update.]

I'm out of ideas - any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), 2 GHz Intel Core i7 - 8GB RAM

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:38 AM

8 replies

Mar 21, 2013 9:26 AM in response to Jeff Cairns

posted this in anpther discussion... I was having the same issue, with the same trouble shooting and more... What I did to finally get it to work was scroll to the bottom of the store. clicked on the US flag (I have a US iTunes account), and select the us itunes store again. worked immediatedly after. Hope this has the same result for you.

Mar 21, 2013 6:32 PM in response to Jeff Cairns

I had this problem yesterday and thought it was just a Store issue. Tried again this afternoon and finally called Apple Support. Spent long time with one person and then with a Senior Tech, rebooting, reinstalling iTunes 11, deleting .plists, etc. to no avail.

Finally gave up and had supper. Came back and it is working again. Apple Support had no clue about what to do. I'll talk to the Senior Tech next day he is back at work and let him know about this.

Unable to Sign In to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.