Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switches won't stay mapped.

Hi all. I am fairly new to MainStage and haven't been able to get around an issue I am seeing. I am changing from a hardware rig to a computer rig. My MIDI foot controller is a Rocktron All Access. I've created patches in MainStage and setup to foot switches to take input from physical switches on the Rocktron. In my patch, I map each switch manipulate some plugin parameters (Guitar Rig 5). Everything works great but when I save/close my concert and re-open it, the switches always wake up unmapped.

I should add that they also almost look like they briefly start off mapped upon open but then change to unmapped as they are initializing.

Has anyone seen this behavior before?

Regards,

Glenn

MainStage

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 6:58 AM

7 replies

Jun 7, 2013 5:00 AM in response to benbravo

Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

No I really never did find a solution. I did note that it only appears to happen with the "active" patch when Mainstage first wakes up and it doesn't appear to happen if I default the parametes to "off". So what I basically do is, in my first patch, default my pedals to "off" and make sure whenever I save the concert that I save it with the first patch active.

I think it's some kind of timing issue when things are first waking up. It's pretty annoying and I occasionally forget to go back to my first patch before saving which results in this problem rearing its head again. Still ... I can live with it for now.

Glenn

Oct 25, 2013 6:10 AM in response to Ratfunk

Well ... I had to modify the solution a bit. I had to re-create my whole concert at one point and couldn't get it to work at all. So here's what appears to be working for me right now.

As I said, the issue doesn't appear to occur with all patches but only with the patch that is active when the concert is first loaded into Mainstage. So what I've done is to essentially create a "junk" patch. Essentially it's a patch I'll never use but it's the first one and I always make sure it's the active patch when saving the concert. Then when I load it back up, I don't really care what happens to it as I always will immediately switch to another patch once the concert is loaded.

It's ugly I know but it's all I've been able to come up with.

Oct 28, 2013 1:19 AM in response to stickmusic121

Ok i had a bit more of a play and here's what mine's doing

If I have a concert with only 1 patch Everything but the on/off buttons stay mapped (as above mentioned)

however if I duplicate ) the 1st patch (highlight patch 1 and command +D) and re-map the on/off switches and have either the 1st patch or the 2nd patch highlighted when I save, then both patches stay mapped opon re opening the concert.

So for me by simply having more than 1 patch in my concert the bug dissapears

Strange but for now its doiing the trick 🙂

Switches won't stay mapped.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.