Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

getting error 3253 while downloading ios 6.1.3 on windows 7.

I am getting error 3253 while downloading ios 6.1.3 on my windows 7. I am having version 11.0.2.26 of i-Tunes. I tried downloading manier times but not worth after downloading half of the size i lost my network connection and error -3253 pop up. I also turned off windows firewall but nothing is worth. Prvious time when i was running with microsoft xp i just download internet explorer 8 and it fixed my problem, but i don't get solution for windows 7, Please help me out

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:41 AM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2013 8:36 AM in response to darekarrohit

"Error 3000" through "3999"

Alerts with codes in the 3000 range generally mean that iTunes cannot contact the gs.apple.com server on ports 80 or 443. This may be because out-of-date or incorrectly configured security or firewall software is interfering, or due to your Internet proxy settings. If you are using a proxy, try removing the proxy settings, or using a known-good network. If that does not resolve the issue, follow iTunes for Windows: Troubleshooting security software issues.

Hope it helps

getting error 3253 while downloading ios 6.1.3 on windows 7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.