Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini lockscreen issue, do i need to replace my iPad?

Hello,

I bought last week the iPad mini, but a few days ago I stumbled upon a lockscreen issue. When the iPad screen is off and I press the home button the screen turns on, but there is some distortion on the unlock bar, lines that quickly disappear. This happens only sometimes. I upgraded today to iOS 6.1.3 but this issue continues to occur. Please I would be grateful for any advice. Do I have to return my iPad to the seller? Or this issue is common.

Best regards

IPad mini-OTHER, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 10:10 AM

I would not say it is a common issue at all. Try this and see if it helps.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2013 10:10 AM in response to AgainstAllGlitches

I would not say it is a common issue at all. Try this and see if it helps.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Apr 8, 2013 1:04 PM in response to vmixer

Just to close the loop -- swapped out my defective Mini for a replacement at the Apple Store this morning, very straightforward, no muss no fuss (even though I hadn't purchased my Mini there). Great customer service experience, if you're seeing this or any other hardware issues I wouldn't hesitate to do a return/exchange.

iPad mini lockscreen issue, do i need to replace my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.