Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id for kids?

My kid is 9 years old and all the students in her school-class have got an iPad from the school for (mostly) educational purpose.

The problem is that she's not old enough for her own Apple ID, so currently she's using mine though this mix of use is not a good idear.

So what's the best to do?

I've read that I should make another account with my details and let her use that. I might even register it with her mail-address.

But what if she wants to buy content? That should belong to her and not my pseudo-account.

Can I pass on the account to her when she get old enough and change all profile-data to hers?

Others have recommended to lie about her age, but first of all I'm not really into that stuff, and second I imaging she risk getting her account closed and loose everything she might have bought.

Regards

Flemming

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 2:22 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2013 6:08 PM in response to FlemmingHansen

This is a question for your school to answer. Apple's age requirement is a consequence of US law. If your school requires the students to have an Apple ID they need to suggest an alternative.

I agree lying about her age is not an option, for both ethical and practical reasons.

FlemmingHansen wrote:

I've read that I should make another account with my details and let her use that. I might even register it with her mail-address.

But what if she wants to buy content?

Set up an account yourself on her behalf, and create an "allowance" for her to use for purchases:

How to set up an iTunes Allowance

When she reaches 13 years old, she can create her own Apple ID.

Apple id for kids?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.