Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MyFord Touch - iPhone Contacts - Navigation

I have successfully paired my iPhone4 with MyFord Touch, downloaded the contacts, and now I am trying to set a contact as a Navigation Destination, but a message from MyFord Touch (SYNC) shows "Invalid Adress. Please update the contact information on your phone". After extensive forum searching, and ttesting on another non-iPhone, I have verified that that problem lies in the fact that the contacts on the iPhone have an extra field, "Country", filled with United States. The MyFord Touch cannot use that extra field and determines the address invalid. I tested this by editing the contact on the non-iPhone, first keeping the Country field intact, then removing it. When the Country code is present, MyFord touch cannot see the address, when the Country code is empty, the address works fine in Navigation.
Is there any way, on an iOS device, or iCloud to remove the Country field? It's frustrating that my contacts are in my phonebook on MyFord touch (uploaded from my iPhone) but I still need to manually enter a destination address.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 7:10 PM

13 replies

Nov 2, 2013 6:40 PM in response to BigRubi

Hi,

I had iPhone 3GS at that time. I now have I phone5. I have not updated to newest (7.??). I have tried to use contacts w/6.1.4 with Navigation. I cannot because of country. The best way for me to send an address to my car is to use Mapquest and put in an address. Send it to MyFordSync. It then ask for cell phone number associated w/ MFS. It wii say sent.. Then go to car, use voice, say "services ". It will repeat address. You tell it YES. Then you have to tell it to set as destination or set as waypoint.

I hope this will help until there is a fix. I've tried complaining to Ford and Apple. No luck.

Janis

Nov 6, 2013 4:54 PM in response to BigRubi

I have found a method to edit the contact, removing the country, and thereby allowing MyFord Touch to Navigate to Contact.

This contact editing software, allows for an empty field. "country".

hint, make sure the State is the two letter postal code, not spelled out.

http://www.copytrans.net/copytranscontacts.php

This will do until Ford/Microsoft and Apple decide to play nice.

Aug 10, 2014 9:03 PM in response to BigRubi

MyFord Touch requires addresses to follow a specific format otherwise it says they are invalid.

By testing various address formats I have determined the address format which MyFord Touch understands.

A valid MyFord Touch address looks like this

123 S Main St

St Charles, IL 60606

USA

Format Rules:

1) The street address can't contain periods therefore 123 S. Main St. is invalid to MyFordTouch. Neither the S. or St. may contain a period.

2) The street address must be abbreviated thus 123 South Main Street is invalid to MyFordTouch. South and Street must be abbreviated

3) The city must not contain periods therefore St. Charles is not valid to MyFordTouch.

4) The city must be abbreviated thus Saint Charles is not valid to MyFordTouch.

5) The country must be USA. U.S.A. and United States are not valid to MyFordTouch. The iPhone sets the country to United States. Use the Contacts application in Mac OS X to change the country to USA.

Sep 23, 2014 12:07 PM in response to tommy-d

Removing unwanted “Country Entry” in iPhone Contacts

Work around removing "Country Entry" in iPhone Contacts. If you are a Comcast Customer and have the XFINITY Connect APP on your iPhone you can either create a contact without or edit out the “Country Entry”. Open XFINITY Connect APP, go to Contacts on APP and touch iPhone at top of screen. You are now looking at iPhone contacts. Touch the contact you want to edit, touch edit, go to “Country Entry”, touch “Country Entry” and back space delete to remove it. Touch save. You have now removed the “Country Entry”. The contact will also be saved to iCloud without the “Country Entry”. You can also create new Contacts without the unwanted “Country Code” with XFINITY Connect APP. Just touch the + sign to create a new Contact and do not enter a “Country Code” Your Contacts will now work fine for My Ford Touch Navigation.

Nov 15, 2014 3:42 PM in response to BigRubi

I don't know if I'm missing something or what, but I can't even find a place to ATTEMPT to use an address from my phone's contacts as a nav destination.

Just got a 2015 Explorer with the MyFord Touch system. iPhone 6+ is paired and phonebook is transferred. In the Nav screen there is no apparent way to use an phonebook entry. And if I go to the phone screen, while I can see the listing for a contact (name, phone numbers, address), the address is not selectable.

The salesman, when questioned, said that it was not an included functionality, and gave us some story about security considerations.... Doesn't make any sense to me.

Dec 28, 2014 12:31 PM in response to dwaldmann

An address in your MyFord Sync Phonebook downloaded from your Smartphone’s contacts can be used as Navigation destinations on your MyFord Touch Screen by:

1. Touch (Phone), upper left corner of screen
  2. Touch (Phonebook)
  3. Touch a (Contact) that you know has an address in it, not just a Phone Number and email address
  4. Touch (Option) on right of screen
  5. Touch (Set as Destination), address must have been entered into your Smart Phone properly formatted.

Example:

Joe Smith

345 S East St

St Louis, MO 63109

Navigation will use the properly formatted address as a destination.

If you get “Invalid Address” then something in the address format is wrong, using Street not St, Lane not Ln, Circle not Cir, or etc. etc. and/or having Country entry.

Jun 3, 2015 6:18 AM in response to tommy-d

I've experimented with MyFord Touch phone contacts (from my iPhone) with the various formatting options mentioned above and in no cases can I get an option to navigate to them. When I look at a phone contact and click on "Option" I only see "Delete Photo". There no "invalid address" or grayed out navigate option as mentioned by tommy-d.

I have a 2015 Mustang with the latest MyFord Touch system according to the Ford website.

Any pointers on what I'm missing or did Ford just disable this option?

MyFord Touch - iPhone Contacts - Navigation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.