Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i uninstall facebook messenger?

how can i uninstall facebook messenger application on my iphone?

Posted on Mar 21, 2013 10:09 PM

16 replies

Nov 15, 2013 5:54 AM in response to arofes

I don't want the new Facebook Messenger app. I like the original in the Facebook app itself for iPhone. As I was checking my messages, I clicked on use the new app by mistake. I have not continued to finish opening it. I don't want it. I was hesitant to get out of Facebook and go to the Facebook Messenger app itself with the blue dot lightening bolt to delete it from my phone because I don't know if the original Facebook messages component will reappear. I don't want to lose any of my messages. What do I do, and what will happen if I delete the new Facebook Messenger app from my phone's apps?

Jan 4, 2014 5:45 AM in response to arofes

I have this question too. After normal remove with pressing aplication hold and going "crazy" and press X button with "OK" Messenger gone from meniu, but in Facebook it looks like Messenger still exist.

So: I changed password in Facebook with option: log me off from other devices. Also deleted mobile phone in Facebook and rewrited it. It helped.

Aug 7, 2014 1:07 PM in response to arofes

If you are using iTunes to sync your iPhone or iPad you must also go into iTunes apps and delete that app otherwise it will keep installing Facebook and the new Messenger back on to your iPad or iPhone. The following information is from Facebook forums. I followed the directions and it seems to have taken care of the problem. I did not enable location services and the part about swiping at the bottom did not work but I no longer have Facebook's new messenger. I don't know if you lost the messages but I always delete them for privacy concerns. The only problem is that you have to get to iTunes on your computer to do this. Hope this extra bit of information helps.

how can i uninstall facebook messenger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.