Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy a song using iPad, can I move to my Mac?

If I buy & download a song using my iPad, can I then offload a copy to my Mac when I do a sync and backup?

Or is it better to do this in reverse and then transfer from my Mac to my iPad and iPhone?

Thx

Steven

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 4-Core Mid 2012, 30" & 22" Display

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 5:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 5:43 AM

Both options work without any problem. If you purchase a song on the iPad and you have "Automatic Downloads" for music activated on the iPhone, you will get the song automatically on the iPhone, and you will get the song on the Mac after syncing the iPad.

However, you can turn on "Automatic Downloads" on iTunes on the Mac, if you want, so you shouldn't have to connect the iPad in order to get the song on your Mac. To do this, open iTunes, go to the iTunes menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > Store, and turn on "Automatic Downloads"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2013 5:43 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

Both options work without any problem. If you purchase a song on the iPad and you have "Automatic Downloads" for music activated on the iPhone, you will get the song automatically on the iPhone, and you will get the song on the Mac after syncing the iPad.

However, you can turn on "Automatic Downloads" on iTunes on the Mac, if you want, so you shouldn't have to connect the iPad in order to get the song on your Mac. To do this, open iTunes, go to the iTunes menu (on the menu bar) > Preferences > Store, and turn on "Automatic Downloads"

If I buy a song using iPad, can I move to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.