Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

power cable issues, no light, unless unplug, etc

Hello All-

I have a macbook pro with the "L" style magsafe connector. I am running 10.7.5 OS with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 processor. I am up to date with all software updates. The chord and computer connections are clean, intact and unobstructed.

I've noticed that my power cord light will be off (and not charging the computer) and if i unplug it from the computer and replug it in, i get nothing. If i unplug from the wall and plug back into the same outlet, then you get nothing. if you unplug from the outlet and plug into a different outlet then the cord illuminates and starts charging the computer. doesn't matter if the outlets are in my kitchen, at work, etc. same phenomenom. i wonder if it has something to do with heat from plug assembly. By that once it heats up, then you get a bad connection, and plugging it into an unused outlet will work.

Anyone else had this issue? it's a pain to be crunching large datasets and come back to the computer drained of power and off because the cord is no longer giving power.

Thanks in advance-

Todd

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 8:42 AM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2013 9:45 AM in response to 56hoperoad

Yes I would agree with that. If you still have a warranty on the system take the system and the charger to an Apple store to be checked out. If out of warranty then buy a new charger and test it with the system.

56hoperoad wrote:

Other things work fine. I can plug in an iphone charger, coffee maker, etc etc. I suspect that there is a problem with the charger itself. It doesn't trip a breaker or anything, just stops working, you can unplug and plug into the alternate outlet of the two outlet set and it works fine.

power cable issues, no light, unless unplug, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.