Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 -missing some notes? why

My Logic Pro 9.1.8 is now missing some notes in some instruments. why?

How can I get them back without reformating my 500-GIG system, and having to reload 19 GIG worth of audio files over the internet ~~ YIKES!!!!

details

Becaues some individual notes indicate as missing, I cannot even select the instrument anymore.

By way of example, when opening a new template "orchestral", i get the messages:

• Glockenspiel Audio file “GLS2_Pla_mf_G5.wav” not found!
  • Steinway Piano Audio file “Stw ped v1 024.AIF” not found!
  • Violins 1.exs Audio file “VI1-L_tremolo_mf_G3.wav” not found!
  • Violas.exs Audio file “VA-L_legato_f_C#3.wav” not found!
  • Cellos.exs Audio file “VC-L_legato_f_C2.wav” not found!
  • Basses.exs Audio file “KB-L_legato_f_A#1.wav” not found!

I searched my harddrive for the files and found the other wav-files, in the different octaves, but not the one Logic is currently searching for. it's missing

Anyone run into this? Can I individually 'pluck' them from any cyber-resevour of wav-files out there somewhere?

any help would be used and appreciated

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 1:33 PM

Problem solved. Used Time Machine to find and restore files from before my LogicPro upgrade.

Found them all in Garageband library samples, etc. Painfully slow process to doublecheck deficits, but worked.

Nothing in Apple helped or assisted with this problem: the update I did last month, blew away hundreds of wav-files needed for various instruments. No cross-checks or optional selection menus, and evidently not backwards compatible with the GarageBand and Logic Express 9.1.8 or any of my Jam Packs.

lesson learned: I kissed my Time Machine, and Apple isn't pre-testing new software like they use to.

Well, actually they're testing it on end users (how PC) 😢

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2013 1:33 PM in response to JoeEagleNest

Problem solved. Used Time Machine to find and restore files from before my LogicPro upgrade.

Found them all in Garageband library samples, etc. Painfully slow process to doublecheck deficits, but worked.

Nothing in Apple helped or assisted with this problem: the update I did last month, blew away hundreds of wav-files needed for various instruments. No cross-checks or optional selection menus, and evidently not backwards compatible with the GarageBand and Logic Express 9.1.8 or any of my Jam Packs.

lesson learned: I kissed my Time Machine, and Apple isn't pre-testing new software like they use to.

Well, actually they're testing it on end users (how PC) 😢

Logic Pro 9 -missing some notes? why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.