Quick question guys; I'm gonna wash out the sugar from the coke that was spilled on the logic board, just to see if it works before I purchase a logic board.
Aside from the fan and the speaker, do I need to remove the heat sink before submerging the board in water?
Have any of you wash a logic board before with deionized water,dry it with air compressor?
I would let it air dry for several days to a week before you try to power it up. Water will get into places that can not be reached with any compressed air blasts and although the surface may look and actually be dry that doesn't mean the board and all components are completely dry. Like underneath them and inside of them.
Yes remove any and everything you can. In fact I doubt you can take the logic board out of the case with things like heatsinks still attached to it.
I would suggest a SMC and PRAM resets:
If this does not help, I would bring the unit to back the Apple store and have them take another look.
Have you put a VOM to the PRAM battery? Is it dead? I would ask the Apple technician if that battery is an essential component in this situation. I suspect not, but I am not certain.
SMC reset doesn't work!
When I do SMC I get no response. Most likely because the PRAM battery doesn't work.
I get no light, nothing.
SMC reset requires the magsafe to be off . If I unplug I get no activity at all.
By the way, everytime I turn it on with the Magsafe plugged in, I get " time and date reset"
Do you think it's the PRAM battery that's preventing the SMC reset, and the "x"battery icon?
I tried the same battery in another laptop and it's 50%
I read on Ifixtit.com that this guy had the same problem.
"Accidentally I discovered that the problem was with the water damaged led indicator module - once I disconnect it from the main board, the system detects and reads battery OK and starts to charge it.
Where and what is the indicator model? Please someone help. It's been 5 days trying to fix this and apple won't fix it.