Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Firewall and iTunes 11 not connecting to CDDB

Almost without fail, every time I insert a CD into my MacBook Pro, iTunes will tell me it could not find the track names. If I manually tell it to get the track names, it will tell me that it was "Unable to connect to the CDDB database." Very rarely it would work, and it would usually remedy itself (for only one disc), if I ejected the CD, quit iTunes, and then re-inserted the CD. Very frustrating.

Today, I could not get it to connect to the CDDB, regardless of what I attempted. Despite the fact that the firewall is set to allow incoming connections for iTunes, I decided to turn it off to see if that remedied the problem. To my surprise, it did. My question is, why? iTunes has always been a little strange with the firewall; every time I open the app, it will ask me if I want to allow incoming connections, to which I always reply Allow. Why it asks me every time, I have no idea (and it can be rather annoying). Do any of you?

I'm running iTunes 11.0.2 on Mountain Lion 10.8.3

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 12:29 PM

There are no replies.

OS X Firewall and iTunes 11 not connecting to CDDB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.