Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes can't verify the identity of the server "ax.itunes.apple.com"

Mac Mini 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Logitech mouse, Apple wired keyboard, acer monitor

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 1:09 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2013 1:12 PM in response to schoodle

This happens every time I open iTunes to play my OWN music that I've stored on my HD. I can launch iTunes and it plays but when I try to go to another song I've got saved, I get the spinning color wheel and iTunes is frozen. I have to Force Quit it because when I go to the Force Quit menu it ells me iTunes is not responding.

Nov 1, 2013 4:57 AM in response to schoodle

😟 I identify with the "Human Centipad" South park episode where the new iTunes update "stiffs" anyone who accepts it!

The only way i've found to solve this problem is too delete all iTunes Preferences from the /library/preferences

You might get 2 uses out of it before it crashes with this server error then delete the prefs again.

I am now using the "Ecoute" app although it has no support for podcasts. Hells teeth Apple have been getting more and more negligent of their core products!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.