Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My monitor just went out(3-27-13) and I never was told about this recall untill I started to look up why my monitor wasnt working. And know Apple says it will not replace my graphic card. What should i do????

My monitor just went out(3-27-13) and I never was told about this recall until I started to look up why my monitor wasn't working. And know Apple says it will not replace my graphic card. What should I do????

I tride to pluging a monitor into it and nothing happend. Once talking to people they believe that it is my video card that has gone bad, even apple on the phone said that was the issue they believe.

It seams like Apple should still honor the recall even if it is out of there time frame, since I never got a notice to go get it replace and my screen was fine at the time.

I purchased my Macbook Pro around the end of 2007

Any Help is appreciated.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 12:34 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2013 2:27 PM in response to Speedster33

Your laptop has lasted over 5 years with no problems. I know of no computer company that will replace any components after 5 years no matter what the cause of the failure. Even service contracts are pretty much limited to no more than 3 years.

There is only so long that a company will wait for customers to come in for recall servicing. They have to draw the line somewhere. 5 years seems like an acceptable time to say no.

Sorry, but Apple isn't being difficult in this case. There may be times when they are difficult, but not here.

My monitor just went out(3-27-13) and I never was told about this recall untill I started to look up why my monitor wasnt working. And know Apple says it will not replace my graphic card. What should i do????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.