Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I delete screenshots from Photo Gallery?

Why can't I delete screenshots from Photo Gallery? The DELETE button will not highlight when I select a photo that I know was a screenshot. I have no problem deleting screenshots from my iPhone 5. Both devices are running IOS6.1.3.

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 1:45 PM

2 replies

Mar 22, 2013 2:18 PM in response to chironic

Go to the Photos app. Tap the album tab. Then tap the Camera Roll album. Tap the edit button in the upper right corner. Tap on all of the photos that you want to delete in order to selecte them. The red delete button should become active.

If that is what you are doing and you are not getting the expected results. Quit the photos app and reboot your iPad.

Go to the home screen first by tapping the home button. Double tap the home button and the recents tray will appear with all of your recent apps displayed at the bottom. Tap and hold down on any app icon until it begins to wiggle. Tap the minus (-) sign in the upper left corner of the app that you want to close. Tap the home button or anywhere above the task bar.

Reboot the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10-15 seconds until the Apple Logo appears - ignore the red slider if it appears on the screen - let go of the buttons. Let the iPad start up.

Mar 23, 2013 4:24 PM in response to Demo

Didn't work. The photos I want to delete are not in the Camera Roll Album. They are found in Photos and Events, specifically in Photo Stream Events. I was able to delete these photos from iPhoto on my iMac and Photos from my iPhone. I turned off Photo Stream because I didn't want these photos uploaded to all my devices via iCloud again.

These were screenshots that appear to be paused video and were taken on the iPad. my only choice is Share, not Delete.

Going to Genius Bar Monday night.

Why can't I delete screenshots from Photo Gallery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.