Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to ask some questions about using Good Reader.

I am thinking of using Good Reader instead of IBooks to read PDFs. I sometimes need to annotate, but iBooks doesn't have that feature. Does Good Reader work seamlessly with Mail?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 8:29 PM

I have good reader, and I have to say, it's a decent app. If you have a bit more money you could look into an app like PDF Expert which is $9.99 in the App Store. The only complaints i have about good reader is that when you are selecting, the blue selected area goes berserk quite often. Also page turning can be a bit laggy. But you can annotate anywhere on the page and do pretty much anything except draw i think, so it's a good app in that sense. But again, if you have a couple extra bucks, go with PDF Expert.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2013 8:29 PM in response to tipsam

I have good reader, and I have to say, it's a decent app. If you have a bit more money you could look into an app like PDF Expert which is $9.99 in the App Store. The only complaints i have about good reader is that when you are selecting, the blue selected area goes berserk quite often. Also page turning can be a bit laggy. But you can annotate anywhere on the page and do pretty much anything except draw i think, so it's a good app in that sense. But again, if you have a couple extra bucks, go with PDF Expert.

Mar 25, 2013 5:36 AM in response to tipsam

You should be able to grab your files from iBooks in PDF Expert. But if you can't if you have them in google docs or Dropbox you can get them from there in PDF Expert or straight in safari or mail you can get the file and press open in PDF Expert. Wether you move your library into PDF Expert or keep the un annotated ones in iBooks with the annotated ones in PDF Expert is up to you and what you want, but you can have them in both.

I want to ask some questions about using Good Reader.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.