Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album artwork not showing on iPod touch 5th gen

Hey guys,

I really need help on this. The issue has been bugging me the last several weeks and it is driving me nuts.

After I updated my iPod touch to 6.1.3 as well as itunes on my windows to ver.11.0.2.26 (or the one before),

I could no longer add album art to any of the new songs I add to my iPod.

The weird thing is that album arts are there in itunes under get info ---> artwork,

but they just never show on the actual screen of iPod touch no matter what I do. I tried to hit the sync button,

remove/add the songs back to itunes again, even restored the iPod touch but didn't do a thing. Now all the previous songs' artworks are gone.

I like to organize all songs manually so are all the artworks. I google the image and copy/paste to each song by going under get info ---> artwork

Tried to get album artworks using the itunes feature but since some of the songs I have are foreign songs, so it wouldn't work either.

I also don't use library to organize my music since I have some duplicates and they just look really messy in library.

I simply just drag and drop music on the iPod itself.

Is anybody out there having the same issue? I called Apple and they had no clue to why.

It worked perfectly fine until the last update. Now I am really regretting the update. All the songs are now showing nothing but music

note on the screen with title and artist name.

Help will be appreciated!

iPod touch (5th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 10:37 PM

4 replies

Mar 27, 2013 2:08 PM in response to crossroad

Glad to know I wasn't the only one with this issue.

As an update to my issue, the album artwork all the sudden reappeared on my iPod yeasterday.

Still don't know the actual cause or what actually got itself fixed but here's how I did:

- Back up your iPod first. Since I didn't have much to lose on my iPod, for those who have alot of stuff on there should promptly do so just in case.

- Go to this link: http://www.doctorchewy.com/album-artwork-woes/

and follow the procedures.

- Some people might get the album artwork back working properly again by the end of the procedure above, but it still didn't work for me so I suspected it was itunes so I uninstalled the itunes from my PC and reinstalled.

- It still didn't want to show album artwork after reinstallation so instead of synching it to the PC, I used my Macbook (OSX 10.6.8) and downloaded the older version itunes (10.7) through here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1576

- It still didn't show after days followed but while I almost bang my head against the screen, I figured

that go to get info------> artwork, click add, select the image file, click ok, and if it still wouldn't show;

click on the image and delete the image. Repeat the previous step once again, and it should start synching to your iPod after hitting ok. If it doesn't sync automatically, hit sync and voila. The album artwork should once again, show on your iPod like before.

Again, the process is somewhat hectic but hey, it works now. I'm still hesitant to sync with the newest itunes though. I don't know how my iPod was able to sync with a PC and my Macbook but I was able to manage and keep all the stuff, minus the music, before the problem occured. Let me know how you guys did.

Album artwork not showing on iPod touch 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.