Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a Thunderbolt/MagSafe replacement cable?

Mine's fine right now as it's brand new, but I'm pretty sure it's going to give up on me some day and I was wondering is a replacement available? I couldn't find it anywhere.

I know that it could be bypassed by a Thunderbolt cable + Macbook's original power adapter, but that would take away TBD's convenience factor by a lot.

Thanks for any input.

Thunderbolt Display-OTHER

Posted on Mar 22, 2013 11:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 11:13 PM

Apple can, and has, replaced the cable if needed. So if it 'wears out' during your warranty period, you're covered.

If it wears out due to 'user wear and tear' after your warranty, it can be replaced at your cost. Personally, I went ahead and purchased the extended AppleCare Protection Plan for my Thunderbolt Display...

Clinton

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2013 11:13 PM in response to MichaloM

Apple can, and has, replaced the cable if needed. So if it 'wears out' during your warranty period, you're covered.

If it wears out due to 'user wear and tear' after your warranty, it can be replaced at your cost. Personally, I went ahead and purchased the extended AppleCare Protection Plan for my Thunderbolt Display...

Clinton

Is there a Thunderbolt/MagSafe replacement cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.