Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost my iphoto library

I was working on a newsletter and inserting photos from my I Photo library. Next thing I knew my entire I Photo library was gone. Apple Care says it is gone. Isn't there any way to retrieve it?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 5:15 AM

19 replies

Mar 24, 2013 12:31 PM in response to Linc Davis

Are you saying even if we use our external drive, which we used to back up the computer, will not contain those old photos? Oh, boy, if that is so. Sad for us. And we still can't figure out why our mac did not ask us if we are "sure we want to delete" or any other message saying you will lose all your photos....very weird and un-apple like. We are long time mac people but are wondering what the heck happened here and why we are so lost. (And, yes, we know we should have backed up)

May 16, 2014 12:23 PM in response to LarryHN

Since taking the advice of a free option to upload to OS X 10.9.2 just recently all my photos are gone too.

There was over 9,000 of which my only back up was to May 2013. When I open iPhoto (which is now gone from my dock; I opened in Applications) I am told I have a new version, and when I click update (or upgrade) I can go no further. (I should know better to back up; just assumed MyBook was doing that:(

lost my iphoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.