Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out, can't re-authorize

Alright, so I left my iPod with someone and they thought it would be fun to lock me out. Perminantly.

The question of 'How do I unlock it' has been asked a lot here, but none of the results help me. I physically can't navigate my iPod to go recovery mode because it is just stuck on the 'iPod is disabled. Connect to iTunes' screen.
So, I followed its instructions and plugged it in, and iTunes gave me the error of 'iTunes could not connect to the iPod 'iPods name' because it is locked with a passcode. You just enter your passcode on your iPod before it can be used with iTunes'.

I can't enter my passcode, because it's locked, and I can't unlock it, because it wont let me enter my passcode.

Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks!
Danny.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 9:00 AM

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2013 9:00 AM in response to dannyhodge

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Wrong passcode results in red disabled screen

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

Feb 2, 2016 4:03 AM in response to lllaass

OK so I have a dilemma, I've got an iPad (it's a 2,3 or 4) I'm not sure exactly which. I'm not sure what version of IOS it's running. Hubby put a passcode on it and can't remember it as we haven't used it in years. So after many attempts the iPad is disable and needs to be plugged into iTunes. BUT! When plugged into a computer the iPad chargers but the computer doesn't recognize it.

Does anyone know if there is a way around this? I was going to reset the iPad to sell it

Please help?

Locked out, can't re-authorize

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.