Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you tell if your iphone is a emea iPhone?

Hi I have just bought a second hand iphone 5, can someone let me know how you can tell if its a EMEA iphone. Also can apple unlock a iphone rather than the network carrier

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:10 AM

14 replies

Aug 12, 2016 2:14 AM in response to Stquinn

Did you succeed?

My iphone 5s is locked against the EMEA service. This was an agreement between Apple and my original provider Orange. The lock should have only been active for the period of my contract which ended in February 2016.

Salt help:

In the meantime, Orange changed to Salt in Switzerland. When I called Salt, they said it has nothing to do with them. They refuse to provide me with anything in writing - their contact form online does not work and they don't have a customer service email address.

Apple help:

I went to the Apple store in Toronto and they gave me a screenshot of my phone details - locked against EMEA service with no future change to this lock. They were really nice but they said that only my provider can remove this lock.

Obviously I am getting nowhere. I have tried twitter too - obviously everyone goes silent when no one has an answer

Can anyone help?

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

How can you tell if your iphone is a emea iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.