Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wanna make it say something (AppleScriptEditor!!)

display dialog "Whats your name?" default answer "My name is..."

set theName to (text returned of result)

display dialog "Hello " & theName & ", I need you to follow the instructions on the next page… For the fate of my life is in your hands!"

display dialog "Well, My name is Ryan Connor, and I work at the C.I.A. I've recently been kidnapped by a North Korean group of terrorists. I am located at the coordiantes X=47.6/ Y=59.9/ and Z=24.5."

display dialog "Pick a way to travel to save me!" buttons {"By car", "By boat"}

if the button returned of the result is "By car" then

display dialog "Not the smartest idea for traveling, but I respect your opinion and lets get on the road!"

else

display dialog "Ok boat was a clever idea, so props to you. Let's quit talking and get sailing!" buttons {"OK!"}

end if

display dialog "You have traveled 50 miles so far and have come across a gang who say they are gonna beat you up…" buttons {"Oh no!"}

display dialog "Ok so this gang situation is kinda a big deal… So do you wanna run away or fight?" buttons {"Fight", "Run"}

if the button returned of the result is "Fight" then

display dialog "Sorry you died by the gang members ;( click exit and play again!" buttons {"EXIT"}

delay 1

quit

else

display dialog "Ok lets run!!!"

end if

display dialog "You have run away from the gang, you now have a bounty on your head!" buttons {"Remove It", "Focus on mission"}

if the button returned of the result is "Remove It" then

display dialog "Obviously you cant go remove your bounty… They would arrest you! Heres where you gotta start thinking! ;( click exit and play again!" buttons {"EXIT"}

delay 1

quit

else

display dialog "Smart choice… Ok now thats over with, lets focus on the mission! Lets go ahead and travel North until you see the north korean flag. (Its coordinates are 47,98,34) Thats theyre head base!"

end if

display dialog "Do you wanna get off your car and travel by foot? Or do you wanna continue in your hummer?" buttons {"By Foot", "By Hummer"}

if the button returned of the result is "By Hummer" then

display dialog "Oh NO! You have crossed over an I.E.D and you have been severely injured! Within 20 mintues you wouldve been bled out then died! ;( click exit and play again!" buttons {"EXIT"}

delay 1

quit

else

display dialog "Clever thinking… Within a day you will reach the base!"

end if

display dialog "You have discovered a guard on patrol, you see him, but he cant see you!" buttons {"Take him out", "Sneak past"}

if the button returned of the result is "Sneak past" then

display dialog "Oh NO! After sneaking past the guard, he noticed movement, sounded the alarm, you were later found, tortured and then killed as prisoner of war! :(" buttons {"EXIT"}

delay 1

quit

else

display dialog "Good job taking him out, now you dont need to worry about any more trouble then we already had…"

end if

I wanna set the last part of this to say in the computer "ALEX"S" voice... i wanna have it say like well done! after this last end if ^^ but also please read this... at the top of my code! I created a theName kinda feature! So is there a way to have it say like for example

say "Well done" & theName &"

end if

?!?! PLEASE GET BACK TO MEH! 😀 IM NEW TO THIS 🙂

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:46 AM

Use the following:

say "Well done, " & theName

(79265)

1 reply

I wanna make it say something (AppleScriptEditor!!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.