Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having problems with 2-step verification & T-Mobile (USA)?

I tried several times to get my phone authenticated. The SMS never arrives.

No problems whatsoever with getting text messages from Google's two-step verification.

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 8:45 AM

12 replies

Mar 31, 2013 6:23 AM in response to svarshavchik

Just as an additional datapoint I also have the missing SMS problem, I'm using T-Mobile via StraightTalk. Apple does not list StraightTalk as one of their supported carriers (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5593 ) so I am wondering if they are still in the process of adding carriers or if the problem is MVNO-specific. If I get any useful info from Apple support I will report back. Like the OP, no problems whatsoever with Google two-step or receiving SMS messages from other carriers.

Jul 26, 2013 6:17 PM in response to jmig

Well, tried this again. Still not working.

Your SMS verification code from Apple, did it come from a shortcode, or from an ordinary ten-digit US phone number?

Google's two-step verification messages come from unused ten-digit US phone numbers, ordinary phone numbers. It's possible that if Apple sends SMSes from shortcodes, they get blocked. I have shortcodes blocked, to avoid cramming fraud.

Anyone having problems with 2-step verification & T-Mobile (USA)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.