Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to record video with iMac Mountain Lion?

Can I use FaceTime to record video? Or is there another application that I can use to record video with the built-in camera in the computer?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 9:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 9:21 AM

The best app to record your display is clearly QuickTime Player, preinstalled with OS X. Just open this app, go to File menu (on the menu bar) > New Movie Recording.

Apart from that, there are third-party applications that have got more features as the ability to modify the recorded video with that app, without having to export it to another application. I recommend Screenflow > http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm

Another option is to use "Photo Booth", preinstalled on OS X

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2013 9:21 AM in response to David Grant

The best app to record your display is clearly QuickTime Player, preinstalled with OS X. Just open this app, go to File menu (on the menu bar) > New Movie Recording.

Apart from that, there are third-party applications that have got more features as the ability to modify the recorded video with that app, without having to export it to another application. I recommend Screenflow > http://www.telestream.net/screenflow/overview.htm

Another option is to use "Photo Booth", preinstalled on OS X

Feb 29, 2016 11:49 AM in response to mende1

Hi

I am desperately trying to solve a problem: I want to call a person and record the call, both video and audio to later include in a Keynote presentation.

Advice so far: FaceTime can't do it. Skype? I don't have the ability to go to the people I want to record...so I need to connect in some way? and have capacity to record an "interview" and then use it later as part of an overall presentation.

I am putting together a 25th celebration for a non-profit...lots of picture and displays, but I need video/audio to retain some "attention"...

Help!!!!!!

Thanks,

Richard

How to record video with iMac Mountain Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.