Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete the find my friends app...and...

Hi

I would really like to delete the find my friends app. It's of no interest to me and is just wasting space. Anyone know how?

On an iPhone 5 btw with latest updates.

Also, anyone else notice you can't drop it in a folder?

Apple: if anyone's listening.... Making it difficult for people to get rid of rubbish they don't want, e.g. The stocks app... Can only the decision of a bunch of sphinctal orifices, detrited ones at that ;0p

Cheers

Mark

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 10:43 AM

20 replies

Feb 7, 2017 1:35 PM in response to Kelly Tuesday

From iharosi from 2013, but updated as of this date: This happened because probably you (maybe accidentally) locked the Find My Friends app in the Restrictions menu. To release this Restriction, do this: Settings -> General -> Restrictions -> Share My Location => Find My Friends -> Uncheck Allow Changes /or/ Check Allow Changes After this you will see the jiggling app with the X and delete the app. (Yay!) Disallowing changes locks the current settings for location sharing in Messages and Find My Friends. This will also remove it from your synced Apple Watch. Hope this will help. :) Thanks iharosi.

Mar 23, 2013 11:18 AM in response to goClimb

Apple doesn't read this but you can easily remove that app by tapping and holding the icon until an X mark appears on its corner. Tap the X to remove and you'll be asked if you want to remove that app.

Also, these are user communities so I'm afraid no one at Apple is listening, sorry. There's a feedback section you can use if you have anything to say to the company, though.

Mar 23, 2013 11:31 AM in response to goClimb

I would really like to delete the find my friends app.

The Find Friends app is NOT part of the iOS and can be deleted like any other app. Press on it until it "wiggles" and touch the "x" at the upper left corner of the icon.

Making it difficult for people to get rid of rubbish they don't want, e.g. The stocks app...

What's that got to do with the Find Friends app, which YOU DOWNLOADED? Seems to me that you make things difficult for yourself...

Jul 19, 2013 12:10 PM in response to modular747

Please excuse the slow reply. I've had iPhones since day one, tried holding down the icon till it wobbled and no "x" to tap to delete. Gave the phone back not long after my original post so I can't prove it but I also tried dragging and dropping to put it in a folder and no matter what I did it would just slide away from the folder... Which wasn't full by the way...

Oct 2, 2015 7:22 AM in response to xpirex

Why do people like, ferretbite and modular747 post answers when they don't know what they are talking about. For starters the Find my friends app appeared on my iPad after a Software Update(9.0.2), I did not download it, nor do I want it, but I cannot get rid of it. Iharosi I suspect by your answer you ment well as what you suggested sounds like it might work but it does not. The only conclusion I can come to is Apple does not want us to be able to remove it. You can stick it in a folder like Games and forget it but as it's my iPad surely apart from the Operating System I should be the one to decide what goes on there as long as it's legal.

Oct 2, 2015 8:32 AM in response to xpirex

You cannot remove it because it is now part of the operating system. Just put it on another home screen where you can ignore it, or put it into a folder with the other apps you don't use - this is what I do. I have a folder with "junk" apps I don't use, like this one and Stocks, Health, Watch, etc. Don't let it bother you. They come with the iOS and they don't take up much space at all. You can't do anything about it so don't let it stress you out.

How can I delete the find my friends app...and...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.