Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my macbook pro 2.6Ghz Quad-core Intel i7 not starting up?

Last night the laptop was working. When I shut it down it had about 75% battery power.

Today at cafe plugged in and the computer wouldn't come on, and the Mag 2 85W adaptor

had no light indication.

Is there a button combination to try to start the laptop, i.e. like with iPad, using the power button

and the sleep button the same time for a certain number of seconds?

When I press the on button, nothing happens. I've checked the pins on the adaptor and they

seem okay. Hoping for a combination of pressed buttons that will start it back up.

No one near me has another adaptor cord to check if that's the problem, the fact that there

is no battery power in the laptop itself is mysterious. I did do the latest up-date last night

(Mar. 22), and remember it mentioning there would be an accelleration of the fans and

that it was normal, which it did do for a very brief second.

Thanks for your help.

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 2:02 PM

Certainly you are not running 10.4.8 OS on that MBP as your profile indicates. Bring the MBP to an Apple store or AASP.

3 replies

Why is my macbook pro 2.6Ghz Quad-core Intel i7 not starting up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.