Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing - is there a better way?

Like others, I am having trouble keeping iTunes from overriding changes made directly on my iPhone. Specifically, it removes purchased songs from playlists and adds back songs I deleted from the library. The latter is more than a trivial annoyance for me as my music library does not fit on my device. As such, I only have a sizeable subset (~900 out of 1500 songs) on there, one that I continually trim as I add new songs, videos and apps. If I make the mistake of trying to sync with iTunes, in addition to losing my changes, I am typically treated to a galling sync-failed-because-you're-out-of-space-type message. The only way around it seems to be to pre-emptively go into iTunes and manually uncheck each and every song I deleted before plugging in. Needless to say, I gave up and stopped trying about a year ago. Before I completely throw in the towel and buy an Android phone when my contract runs up, is there a workaround?

Problem seems to boil down to one of "syncing philosophy". I want changes made on my phone to overwrite what is on my computer/iTunes - across the board, no ifs, ands or buts - not the other way around. In the new mobile-centric world, one that Apple has in large part driven us to, this is the way it should be. Why is it not even an option?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 1:50 PM

There are no replies.

Syncing - is there a better way?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.