Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no dedicated VRAM

I recently installed Windows 7 using Boot Camp. I have looked up my system performance while running Windows and I have 0 dedicated VRAM. I have been trying to play games using Boot Camp, but with 0 dedicated VRAM, I am unable to. I was wondering if when I set up Windows 7 or am partitioning the disks if I need to do anything specific to increase my VRAM. My laptop's information is as follows:

MacBook Pro

15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009

Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 2:50 PM

5 replies

Mar 23, 2013 3:02 PM in response to clc538

Because there is no dedicated VRAM. VRAM is shared from the main memory. Windows doesn't know what is going on in the Apple hardware. It's a defect of Windows, and Apple's drivers apparently report only what Windows expects.

If Windows works for you then obviously it has VRAM, just not a GPU with dedicated VRAM.

Mar 23, 2013 6:32 PM in response to clc538

I don't know what games you are trying to play, but what you have is not a gaming machine. The GPU is not a very good graphics chip for game playing. If you want to play games that require more graphics capability then buy a Windows computer - preferably a desktop model. Or stick to games that are less stressful on the GPU.

I have no dedicated VRAM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.