Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't figure out how to make a working video in iMovie 6.0.4

So I have a MacBook Pro that was given to me by a friend, and it's from 2006 -- ergo, the older version of iMovie.

My problem is two-pronged. First, let me start out by saying that the videos I'm making just involve inserting an MP3 and a static image (i.e., they are music videos). And, in the end, I want to upload them to YouTube.

Problem #1: when my movies have successfully uploaded (this is something that doesn't happen anymore, as I say below) and I view them on YouTube, the static image I've attached to the video disappears after one second. The rest of the movie is sound with a black screen. This is especially confusing, because I watch the videos in Quicktime and VLC beforehand to make sure that the image if there for 100% of the video, and it always is. I've also made sure to export the image from iPhoto (it was infuriating to find out that 6.0.4 makes it impossible to drag and drop images) and, when applying it, extend its length to the length of the song, which I take from iTunes. See image below for what this looks like.

User uploaded file

Problem #2: currently, the videos simply will not upload to YouTube, making me wonder if there is a problem with the way I'm exporting them (even though I have changed nothing in the process since the time they were uploading successfully). I am exporting on Expert Settings, since that's how I did it on my previous laptop (a PowerBook G4 from 2005), and I'm saving the file as a .mov. I've attached a screenshot below showing the specifications of the file.

User uploaded file

Thank you for any help.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 3:18 PM

There are no replies.

Can't figure out how to make a working video in iMovie 6.0.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.