Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hideous audio crackling and popping under Windows 7: "SOLVED"

Hi all.

The main reason I installed Boot Camp in the first place was to run audio apps like Sound Forge natively. But I'm finding the audio playback under Windows 7 64-bit to be pathetic and wholly unusable. With no other applications running on my late-2008 iMac with 4 GB of RAM, I can't play any audio without massive snapping and popping about once per second. Useless. I had far better audio than this on Pentium machines in the '90s.

I have the latest Realtek driver installed.

The problem occurs no matter what the source, through both the analog and digital outputs.

UPDATE: Found the problem (thanks to this post: http://brianreiter.org/2010/08/16/fixed-boot-camp-audio-pops-and-crackles-with-w indows-7-x64 ).

It's the wireless networking driver. Pretty pathetic, but you have to disable the wireless adapter under Windows if you want usable audio under Boot Camp.

iMac, Windows 7, other computers

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 7:44 PM

There are no replies.

Hideous audio crackling and popping under Windows 7: "SOLVED"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.