Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

default import size - how to change this?

I imported photos from a recent iphoto version and now I'm in turmoil. The new version converted all of my photos to a default size of 360 x 270 and it's killing my entire collection. I can't find anyone that said anything in regards to this an it's definitely a time consuming problem. Please help experts!!!!!

iPhoto '11, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2013 9:59 PM

4 replies

Mar 23, 2013 10:31 PM in response to DonnyA313

How did you import from a recent iPhoto version?

The new version converted all of my photos to a default size of 360 x 270 and it's killing my entire collection.

iPhoto never will convert images on import - it has a non-destructive workflow and imports all image files as they are. Have you imported the whole library? Then you will now be seeing the thubnails and prewiews as additinal import. In that case delete all newly imported events and start over again.

To import an iPhoto Library into anaother library export the original master image files from the other library to a folder and import that folder into your iPhoto library. Or use iPhoto Library Manager to merge two iPhoto libraries into one, see: merge iphoto libraries with iphoto library manager

Regards

Léonie

Mar 24, 2013 5:58 AM in response to DonnyA313

You NEVER Import one iPhoto library into another library - it does not work and created a massive mess

- if you still have access to the original library drag the existing library to the desktop and then Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) or use an external hard drive formed Mac OS extended (journaled) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

LN

default import size - how to change this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.